The Ayers family moved into this old farm house in Birmingham in 1951. It was occupied by various members of the family until 1984. Built on an existing foundation in the 19 'teens', it was a larger Sears kit house finished in stucco. Next door is a similar Sears house, but finished in cut stone. It is now occupied by the second family since the Ayers left, and is being carefully restored inside.